Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Rhymes of Our Lives

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!


"What's Up Doc (Can We Rock)" - Fu Schnickens feat. Shaq

This track was a sleeper, and I don't remember meeting anyone who followed rap who didn't rhyme along with the numerous hip hop quotables in this song. In fact, I have a friend from back home that built an entire track around a hook that included, "B-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D STICK 'EM!!! HA, HA, HA STICK 'EM!!!" (Is that a good way to write it?)

The thing I fondly remember most about this song is the way Shaq seemed to fit in with these guys quite seamlessly. If I'm not mistaken, this was considered the beginning of his hip hop career, which had some moderate successes. But none of what I heard after this appearance felt as alive and fun as this. I've always wondered why he didn't simply stay with the group. There was real chemistry here. (Perhaps now he's retired...)

Nevertheless, the song is a banger.



peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment