Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Latest from Reverend Tyson

Why did they hook him up with the erudite set? What's with the fake fauna in the window?


It's been a while since I've checked up on my main man Dr. Tyson. So tonight I cranked out a youtube search, filtered the results by upload date, and this was the first interesting clip that popped up.

A few days ago I was talking with someone about the Drake Equation (See here.) in a conversation involving the search for extraterrestrial life. In that same discussion, we also covered the possibility of living organisms under the ice surface of Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter. We even got around to speculating the possible intellectual capacity of galactic travelers that may have swung by Earth. In each of this bits of the discussion, the information I've learned while listening to Dr. Tyson proved to be a welcome addition to our talk.

I'm quite excited I've found this set of lectures from Dr. Tyson. When he speaks during his guest appearances around the country, he doesn't really have time to elaborate on much of the information he presents. The nerd in me looks forward to Dr. Tyson expanding upon many of the topics I've heard him highlight over the years.

You know, I keep a growing list of astrophysics questions on my iPod just in case I bump into him.

Yup. I'm a big dweeb.



peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment