Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Big Ride (Day 1)

Well, I've made it safely to Asheville, NC and I'm comfortably in bed at the home of my friend Michelle and her husband Jason. I am excited to spend time with them while I'm here. I think we're going canoeing on Saturday!

The ride to here from my home in Havelock was just shy of 400 miles, which is a record for me. Doing all those miles on the interstate was rather tedious and quite boring (my hip sockets were the biggest complainers), but it wasn't a bad day for a ride. The sun was out and the traffic was light.

Tomorrow, I head out to the Gap. I can't wait to see this place. I talked with my homie Matt earlier this evening and he suggested some other routes to explore in addition to the Gap, so I'll give a report of those as well.

But now, it's time to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day.



peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment