Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's all this white stuff?

If you're in the northeast, you may have noticed a little bit of precipitation over the last few days. Seeing as how I'm a country boy from eastern North Carolina, snow will always remain somewhat of a novelty to me no matter how long I live up here. When I see it blanketing the streets, houses, and trees around the neighborhood I can't help but feel just a bit of excitement and wonderment. Yes, snow can be dangerous and cause damage to property. Yes, it's a pain to shovel for an hour twice a week. But a day in out in the snow can be an incredibly fun adventure.

My cousin Nina, her two-year-old twins Madison and Roderick, and I had one of those adventures today. We went sledding over at the local park and had two solid hours of frozen fun. As I mentioned earlier, I'm from eastern North Carolina where there is very little snow and virtually no hills to slide down. So this was my very first time sledding and let me tell you, if you haven't had the opportunity to do this, go to where the snow is and get to it. It's off the hook!

But enough yackin'. Here are a few pictures of our day, courtesy of my cousin Nina.


Here are Madison and Roderick doing their Inuit impressions.


That's me with our trusty steed, a 2001 Nissan Xterra. My dad calls it "The Billy Goat."


I'm not quite sure what this one's all about.


And for the grand finale, a video of my first sledding experience for your viewing pleasure. I am such a child.


peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment