Saturday, January 29, 2011

Emcee of the Month: Asher Roth

This will be the last week I highlight Asher Roth, and I'd like to end the month with his first single "G.R.I.N.D. (Get Ready It's a New Day)" off of his forthcoming album The Spaghetti Tree.

After spending the month listening to Asher, I am really impressed by his commitment to solid, steady progress as an artist. So many new emcees see debut hits as a chance to propel themselves into superstar territory which, more often than not, never quite comes to fruition. But Mr. Roth seems to be following a more measured and deliberate approach. He's making very credible and insightful choices about the artists with whom he chooses to collaborate, and he is doing the grassroots ground work that remains the tried and true method of solidifying one's fanbase. Plus, the cat can rhyme, he makes enjoyable music, and he doesn't take himself to seriously. I've had fun learning more about Asher and his music this month, and I look forward to hearing good things from him in the future.





peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment