Thursday, September 15, 2011

'Fest and 'Ye Love the Kids

This looks promising.


I supposed it wouldn't be long before Kanye got himself involved in something like this, and from what I know of Rhymefest's sense of artistry and musical exploration, it doesn't surprise me he's ideas like this in his head.

We'll see how things turn out. But I know one thing. The theme music is gonna be hot!

Update:

Apparently, the pilot for Alligator Boots was to air on Comedy Central way back in 2008, but was never shown.

From Huff Post:

Dear Comedy Central: Why did you never air "Alligator Boots"?!

In this video discovered by The Vine, we take an extensive look behind the scenes at a 2008 pilot for "Alligator Boots," a sketch/puppet show pilot created by rapper Rhymefest in collaboration with Kanye West and Daniel Ellison of Jackhole Productions, who also produced "Crank Yankers."

The show had almost the exact same concept as "The Muppet Show" -- the puppets, which interact with live action celebrities, even were created by Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop -- but with a decidedly hip-hop flavor. For instance, Rhymefest describes a sketch in which a literal pig is touted as the next big thing in rap, but nobody notices that he's just a pig "except for smart people."

Read more here.

Well that just sucks. I was looking forward to this. I guess I should have known by the video. Kanye was in his "Cosby sweater" phase back then. I just figured he was being retro.



peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment