Saturday, May 28, 2011

Emcee of the Month: Eternia

Here's the video for Eternia & MoSS' track "TO THE FUTURE", the third single from the album At Last.



Man, Eternia is nice. It's that simple. I can't tell you how impressed I am by her ability to reveal a balance of thoughtfulness, aggression, and compassion; especially within the context of one track. I think this track provides the listeners equals doses of Eternia's strengths and fears, appropriately coloring the admittedly and inevitably incomplete picture I've presented this month. I can only cover so much!

I've tried a couple of times to write something here that addresses the topic of this song, but I'm feeling wholly inadequate and unable to truly provide useful insight. I sympathize with the story. I'm sad for her final discovery of a reluctant rejection of love. I'm joyful for her choice to speak these words. I feel a little helpless in that all I can do is post this video for my friends instead of putting this track in heavy rotation at your local hip hop radio station. I'm reminded of incredible importance of the feminine energy in the lopsided, male-driven world of hip hop music.

Check for Eternia, for real. She's not playin'.



peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment