Friday, March 4, 2011

The Rhymes of Our Lives

This is the first hip hop song I ever memorized.


I was six years old when LL's album Bigger and Deffer (B.A.D.) came out. My parents bought the tape for me. (This was before parental advisory labels!) The only tape deck in our house at the time was the boombox in my brother's room. I remember going in there when he was away and playing this song over and over. I think I was really into watching reruns of Dragnet on Nick at Nite at the time, so I guess the beat reminded me of some kind of hip hop crime drama. There were other tracks on that album that were dope as well, like "Bristol Hotel", "Kandy", and "My Rhyme Ain't Done." However, it was always hard for me to get past "I'm Bad" because I spent so much time trying to learn it.

This track is super-fresh.



peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment